Welcome / Vision (expectations)
Our Hudson Valley School of Prayer is a sacred gathering on a journey of prayer. It is a momentary aside in which you can bring your heart’s concerns and find others to lift them up in prayer.
Review Lesson 1: Knowing God and Prayer
How does knowing God help strengthen a life of prayer? How does prayer help us know God better? Prayer is a mirror one’s relationship to God. If we love and trust Him, we will draw near.
Key Question: Why are biblical knowledge and discernment important in prayer?
- The Bible reveals the one true God whom we seek, and with whom we speak by faith.
- It gives us a foundation for praying “in spirit and truth.” John 4:24; Hebrews 11:6
- The alternative is useless praying to an idol of our own making. Exodus 20:1-5; Isaiah 40
- God chooses to communicate with those who speak His language. John 8:31-47; 15:7; Ephesians 1:15-22; 1 John 5:14
- The Bible is our only reliable source for interpreting the truth in what we hear and believe.
- The Bible helps us to put our desires into words and actions to which God will want to respond.
What story would you tell to illustrate today’s teaching?
Q&A / Prayer
- What further questions do you have concerning today’s teaching?
- What insights did you have from today’s presentation?
- How would you answer the key question(s) raised at the beginning?
Response to Lesson
- Email to another school participant your response to the key question(s) (copy to email@example.com)
- Respond to email received from another school participant (copy to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Go to the blog associated with this lesson: https://breathingbygrace.blog/category/hudson-valley-school-of-prayer/ to complete Practical Application Activities. Please email a summary of your responses to the Ewerts at the above email address.