Welcome / Vision (expectations)
- Zoom Intro
- Sacred Gathering
Our Hudson Valley School of Prayer is a sacred gathering to which you can bring your heart’s concerns and find others to lift them up in prayer.
- Opening Prayer
- Prayer, as the Language of a Love Relationship (Dave & Julia’s testimony)
Over seven decades, our life has become a life of prayer out of a love relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Out of our walk with Him, we want to encourage you and provide training in helpful tools so that believing prayer is more fully integrated into your life, and you become a living witness to the all-sufficient grace and supreme sovereignty of Jesus Christ in every area of life.
- PRAY Acrostic
- Key Question(s)
|“Pray then like this: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.” Matthew 6:9 (ESV)|
- How does knowing God help strengthen a life of prayer?
- How does prayer help us know God better?
“I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.” Proverbs 8:17 (NASB) | The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:25 (NASB) | My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. Psalm 63:8 (KJV)
Principle(s) to answer question
- Prayer is a mirror of one’s relationship to God
- If we love and trust Him, we will draw near.
Scripture to illuminate, clarify, explain: Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Psalm 42:1-2; 145:18-19; Isaiah 63:16; Jeremiah 29:12-13; John 17
What story would you tell to illustrate today’s teaching?
Q&A / Prayer
- What further questions do you have concerning today’s teaching?
- What insights did you have from today’s presentation?
- How would you answer the key question(s) raised at the beginning?
|Key Questions: How does knowing God help strengthen a life of prayer? How does prayer help us know God better?|
Response to Lesson
- Email to another school participant your response to the key question(s) (copy to email@example.com)
- Respond to email received from another school participant (copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to the blog associated with this lesson: https://breathingbygrace.blog/category/hudson-valley-school-of-prayer/ to complete Practical Application Assignments. Please email a summary of your responses to the Ewerts at the above email address.