What is the role of prayer in having an inner peace and assured hope?
1. Prayer opens the door to the God of Peace & Hope
- By inviting or calling His power and grace into anything and everything we experience (John 14:12-14)
- By creating loving communion with the Triune God (John 14:15-27)
2. Prayer elevates what is important – relating to God all that really matters to Him and to us (Romans 12:9-13)
Notice the relational priority on love in this paragraph and three companion phrases of v. 12…
3. Prayer grounds us in faith – providing an unyielding, invincible foundation for a life of faith (Acts 2:24-26; cf. Psalm 16:1-11).
What if building a life on Jesus’ words is by prayer? (Matthew 7:24-27; cf. Isaiah 26:3-4)
4. Prayer delivers God’s gifts – God’s joy-filled and peace-filled hope into believers (Romans 15:8-13; 5:1-5, esp. 15:13; cf. 5:5)
Do “more things happen when you pray than wouldn’t if you didn’t”? 
So, let’s pray!
…seeking the glory of God, the Father; imitating Jesus Christ in His humility and love; and yielding all to the power of the Holy Spirit to bring life from death.
“In all circumstances take up the shield of faith…and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication…” Ephesians 6:16-18 ESV
Response to Teaching
- Read the blog posted on Wednesday and complete at least one of any activities listed there.
- Share your thoughts and experiences. Please let the David and Julia Ewert know when you have completed an activity (email@example.com), and what you found meaningful in the exercise. When inspired to do so, compose a prayer to share with the school that we can publish online with the blog. It can be in any form you choose (prose, poetry, music, picture, psalm, etc.).
- Please take time to reflect on the last six weeks together and answer the following questions. Then, please send your answers on to Dave and Julia. Thanks!
- How has your life of prayer grown stronger or been encouraged through your participation in this session?
- Is there a principle or two that you are planning to incorporate into your life going forward? What would those principles be?
- Do you have any suggestions for improving the format of the session (videos, study guides, blog postings, etc.)?
 Video Resources
- What Is Biblical Prayer & Why Should I Pray If God Know’s Everything? – Don Carson • Sep 14, 2008
- “My Lighthouse” – Rend Collective • Jul 3, 2015
- “Christ The Rock” – Praise & Harmony Singers • Mar 13, 2015
- “Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor” – Matt Papa • Nov 3, 2016
- How to Pray Like the Apostle Paul – Alistair Begg